This doctoral programme spans activities across the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering and the Center for Industrial Production. The programme supports PhD research in a wide range of industrial and service related areas. The research contains theoretical, experimental and industrial empirical aspects that involve design, development, and sustaining of technologies, products, processes and management systems. The programme has at its disposal several modern laboratories and an extensive industrial collaborative network.
The Mechanical Engineering research areas include:
- Materials technology, process development and optimisation
- Automatic control of production processes
- Industrial management of operation, supply, globalisation, strategy
- Innovation management and continuous innovation
- CAD, analysis and optimisation of mechanical, fluid and process systems
Head of Doctoral Programme: Professor Jesper de Claville Christiansen
Read more about the PhD programme at the Doctoral School of Engineering, Science and Medicine.