About Applied Operations Research & Operations Management
The multidisciplinary research group focuses on the two topics: Applied Operations Research and Operations Management in Manufacturing and Transportation industries and their Business Processes, Operations and Supply Chains in Denmark and Europe.
For the group, it is self-evident that our activities take place in close collaboration with industry partners. For this reason, the industry is a close collaboration partner in both research and teaching activities.
The group has three goals:
- Carry out research in collaboration with leading industrial and university partners
- Bring state-of-the-art companies one step beyond
- Deliver high quality teaching in the bachelor’s and master’s programmes at Aalborg University in Aalborg and Copenhagen
The two research areas of the group cover:
Applied Operations Research / numerical methods (optimization, data analysis)
- Developing optimization methods and tools
- Mathematical and heuristic models for planning and scheduling
- Advanced data analysis, application of statistical methods
- Yield / Demand Management and forecasting
- Lean-Six Sigma
- Operations & Service Management
- Formulation and Implementation of Operations Strategies
Within these two main areas we collaborate with a number of leading manufacturing, transportation and software companies in both Denmark and world-wide.
The research group is actively involved in a number of educations on both the campus in Aalborg and Copenhagen. The main educational programmes the group is involved in are: Global Business Engineering (Only danish, Aalborg), Global System Design (Copenhagen) and Operations and Supply Chain Management (Aalborg).